Director of Learning Resources
Vancouver College, a Christian Brothers School founded in 1922, is a Catholic school for boys with over 1,000 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The school is well known for its spiritual program, outstanding academics, expansive extra-curricular program, and high-calibre teaching staff. With the completion of the campus renewal project through “ Our Next Century,”
Vancouver College moves forward with a focus on continuous improvement and pedagogical transformation. It leads the way in innovative practice while honouring its deeply rooted traditions.
Vancouver Colleges seeks educational candidates who not only have the professional qualifications required for the role but are further able to model the faith-based values espoused by Blessed Edmund Rice as articulated by the school’s Essential Elements.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF LEARNING RESOURCE (K-12)
- Full-time, equivalent to Department Chair
- 1 year (renewable contract)
- Demonstrated experience working in and leading a Learning Resource Program, including implementation of such a program across an entire school so as to have maximal impact on student support and success.
- Expertise and certification at Master’s Degree level in special education and ability to work with teachers (including their own team), students, and their parents.
- Knowledge of special education issues in the educational setting, and ability to teach and support faculty and staff in need of resources for their students’ learning.
- Demonstrated confidence, impeccable integrity, excellent relationship building skills with all constituents and as a team player
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues within his/her department and across all levels of teachers and Administrators in coordinating a common, faith-based approach to student support.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, when appropriate, in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address policy and procedure gaps
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced professional and faith-based environment
- Commitment to extracurricular and co-curricular life of the school is an expectation of all Vancouver College staff members
Priority Consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Current pastoral reference confirming that he/she is a practicing Roman Catholic
- Certificate of Qualification issued by the BC Ministry of Education
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated
competencies, in the range of $80,000-$110,000.
Application Deadline: Submit a resume to Mr. Daryl Weaver, Principal of Vancouver
College, care of [email protected] by November 29, 2023.
Employment Start Date: August 26, 2024
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682