Senior School Supply Teacher – Math / Science
Senior School Supply Teacher – Math / Science
Casual Temporary Position
Who We Are
Located on 10 beautiful acres in the heart of Olde Oakville, St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School (SMLS) is a premier independent school for girls from JK through to Grade 12. Our mission is to engage each girl in a personalized, real-world learning experience where she explores her unique pathways within a nurturing community.
An Opportunity to Join SMLSRole Overview
To support our vision of empowered young women challenging and transforming the world, we are currently seeking a Senior School Supply Teacher. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with School Heads, School Assistant Heads, Teachers, and Administrators, and will be responsible for working in collaboration with SMLS faculty to deliver innovative and comprehensive programming that meets the learning needs of students.
Department: Senior School
Reports to: Senior School Head
Liaises with: School Heads, Assistant School Heads, Teachers, Administrators
Education: Bachelor of Education, Ontario Teacher Certification
Experience: 1+ years experience teaching
Additional Qualifications (asset)
Experience in a non-profit setting (asset)
Experience in an Independent School (asset)
Working Conditions: Office / School Environment, Mac, Google
Who You AreYour Strengths
Above all else, the successful candidate is a champion for girls’ education. You are also:
- An enthusiastic, articulate, and creative individual who communicates with ease and confidence.
- Confident with engaging in innovative and differentiated learning that is student centered.
- A critical thinker who demonstrates initiative, integrity and attention to detail.
- A team player who enjoys being part of a vibrant, collaborative community and contributes positively to all areas of the school.
- Able to recognize and support different learners to thrive and prosper.
- An educator who never stops learning and continually seeks best practices in girls’ education to enrich your teaching.
Your Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of teaching experience is preferred
- Experience teaching in an all-girls environment is an asset
- Experience in an independent school environment is an asset
- Experience teaching senior school students
- Background in Math / Science preferred
- Comfortable with Mac & Google Applications (including Google Meets)
Why Join SMLS?
Our work is meaningful and important. As a school, we support each student’s interests, talents, learning needs and strengths. Through our world-class facility, Signature Programs, expertise in girls’ education, dedication to personalization, and customized semestering, our students become lifelong learners equipped to achieve excellence in whatever path they choose.
When you join SMLS, you join a fun and supportive community!
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and may be eligible for some of the following benefits:
- Health, vision, and dental care
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance, and Long Term Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Mental health & wellbeing resources
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) / RRSP program with up to 5% employer match
- A healthy lunch program during the school year
- On-site fitness facilities
- On-site parking
- Time off during Winter Break and March Break
- Summer hours and extra long weekends in line with the school calendar
The Essence of SMLS
Each Girl at the Centre
We believe that each girl is creating her own distinct educational pathway, as her interests, strengths and passions emerge. We are committed to co-creating that pathway with her in a personalized learning environment where each girl’s joy, laughter and love of learning belong.
Academic Excellence and Innovation
SMLS is grounded in best practices and focused on innovation. We set the highest standards of excellence for our academic curriculum and signature programs as we develop ethical, culturally competent leaders who are catalysts for positive change.
Wellbeing and Belonging
We understand that connectedness to oneself, others and the world around us is fundamental to our students’ learning and wellbeing. As a school community, we are united by our values and our commitment to building a just and inclusive environment with empathy, integrity and respect. We honour our Anglican heritage and welcome all faiths and cultures, celebrating the diversity reflected by each member of our school community.
Strength of Spirit
We live in a complex world with uncertainty and change. We believe that resilience, courage and commitment are essential for our students and our community to embrace life fully, open ourselves to limitless possibilities, and boldly meet the unknown challenges ahead.
If you are interested in an opportunity to join our school, please apply online at smls.simplication.com
We appreciate and thank all applicants for your interest in SMLS, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
SMLS is an equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment within our community. Please contact People & Culture with any requirements or questions.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682