Science/Math Teacher (80%-100%)
Chemistry (sch4u) / calculus and vectors II (mcv4u)
Position Type Science/Math Teacher (80%-100%)
Start February 1, 2024
School Name Neuchâtel Junior College
City, CountryNeuchâtel, Switzerland
Posted November 13, 2023
Founded in 1956, Neuchâtel Junior College (NJC) provides a unique international education experience to students in their pre-university / final year of high school. Located in the 11th century French-speaking city of Neuchâtel Switzerland, NJC students earn Ontario Grade 12 curriculum credits, and may study for Advanced Placement (AP) examinations to earn advanced standing at university. The close-knit community of nearly 60 students per year reside with homestay boarding or ‘pension’ families, providing students with a complete immersion in European life. NJC graduates knowledgeable, confident, independent leaders, 86% of whom are Ontario Scholars.
The faculty at Neuchâtel Junior College is distinguished by exceptional teachers who provide a differentiated approach to instruction. Through this program, students develop strong literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. The teaching facilities are well equipped and offer bright and technology rich environments.
As an experienced science/math teacher at NJC, you will be confident in curriculum development, will support all learners with diverse strategies and approaches, and be willing to bring innovative solutions to learning challenges experienced by students. Your classes will be engaging and dynamic; you will enjoy what you do. Students will find you to be approachable, available, knowledgeable, genuine, and supportive. A member of the NJC faculty, you will engage in the work of the school in a collegial and supportive manner. You will participate actively in the life of the school, joining students on school trips.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
In order to be considered for this position, candidates will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
- Relevant university qualifications preferably at the graduate level (e.g. Bachelor of Education plus Bachelor of Arts with specialization or equivalent);
- Additional qualifications an asset;
- Certification from the Ontario College of Teachers and be a member in ‘Good Standing’;
- A minimum of 2 years exemplary teaching experience;
- Experience in an independent school setting is an asset;
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices in the areas of curriculum planning and implementation of the most recent Ontario Secondary School sciences and/or mathematics curriculum and assessment practices commensurate with Growing Success;
- Knowledge of differing learning needs and a toolbox of strategies for facilitating student success;
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management and communication skills;
- Energy, commitment and a readiness to participate in the co-curricular program travel, and the diverse life of the school community;
- A working knowledge of the French language would be an asset.
Employment and Application Details
The appointment is effective February 2024 and can be six months or one year, at the discretion of the chosen applicant.
Applications are accepted via email by November 24, 2023 and should be directed to: Managing Director, Operations Megan Watt: [email protected]
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
For more information, please visit www.njc.ch
Crêt-Taconnet 4, 2002 Neuchâtel, Switzerland | Tel: 41 (0) 32.722.1869 | Fax: 41 (0) 32.722.1869 | Head of School/Directeur Andrew J. Keleher, B.A. B.Ed. M.Ed.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682