Middle School Visual Arts Teacher
Middle School Visual Arts
Salary Range: $51,019-109,199 prorated
Role: 50% Full-Time Educator LTO (immediate start until June 20th)
Education Program Calendar
Open to: External candidates
The Middle School (Grades 6 to 8) Visual Arts teacher is a passionate visual artist and educator. They are knowledgeable in curriculum development. They demonstrate a relationship-based teaching that reflects a personalized and differentiated approach to learning. They are inquirers and lifelong learners who see the interrelationship between learning across the curriculum. They are excited to optimize the use of the technology available to improve student learning. They are able to support and challenge all learners using diverse strategies and are willing to find innovative solutions. The Visual Arts teacher works within the team to provide exceptional Visual Arts Curricular and Co-curricular opportunities for students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.
Through the lens of our current strategic commitments, the Middle School Visual Arts teacher is responsible for:
- Scaffold Student Success
- Cultivate Relationships
- Construct Foundations
- Dismantle Inequitable Systems
In your first year at Montcrest, you’ll be directly involved in:
Empowering Personalized Learning
- Collaboratively building a focused and shared pedagogical approach driven by deep inquiry and real-world contexts.
- Contributing to the development of Visual Arts future-ready competencies and attributes in a deliberate, developmental continuum.
- Providing personal pathways for students that recognize their unique interests and strengths.
Fostering an Inclusive Community
- Building trusting relationships between students, teachers, parents, staff, and leaders.
- Co-creating and delivering various Curricular, Co-Curricular and School-wide initiatives.
I understand that…
- A qualification in Education/Visual Arts and a commitment to ongoing professional learning are integral to effective practice and to student learning.
- Visual Arts provide opportunities for learners to authentically express themselves.
- Building a culture of inclusion will help our students feel safe and learn.
- Differentiation is key to scaffolding the learning of individual students.
- Current research, including the fields of neurodiversity and Mind, Brain and Education Science, is critical in meeting the needs of students.
I am able to…
- Make intentional plans for learning that include Visual Arts conceptual understandings, competencies (skills) and character development.
- See the big picture of the curriculum in order to plan meaningful sequences of learning.
- Demonstrate capability to facilitate the learning of various Visual Art forms, such as drawing, mixed-media, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and technology.
- Share my passion for learning with my students and bring expertise to curricular and co-curricular learning.
- Collaborate with students, parents, educators, leaders, and other professionals.
- Communicate effectively through clear, direct and supportive written, verbal, and digital skills.
- Create safe, positive learning environments.
I am becoming more…
- Open to challenging my own perspectives and biases.
- Aware of students’ interests and how to weave them into inquiries.
- Empathetic, caring, and compassionate with learners, families, and colleagues.
Montcrest School is an independent JK to Grade 8 school in the heart of Toronto. It is situated on the traditional territories of the Wendat, Anishinabeg, Chippewa, Haudenosaunee Confederacy and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations.
Montcrest is a welcoming community that specializes in cultivating incredible young people. We believe in small class sizes and unparalleled student-teacher relationships. We believe individuality is something to protect, not suppress. And we believe in meeting our students with the ideal supports—and just right challenges—for each age and stage, so they emerge as secure, self-directed young people who excel in academics and in life. Simply put, Montcrest helps children become who they’re meant to be.
We are committed to equity and inclusion. We are working to dismantle inequitable systems and to establish a community where all diversity is a source of strength and creativity. We thank all candidates for their interest in working as part of our team. At this time, we are only able to progress candidates with current work status in Canada.
We are debiasing our hiring process as part of our commitment to foster an inclusive community. Candidates are asked to complete the following form by Wednesday, October 25th. If you do not have a Google account, please also email your CV to [email protected].
Your responses to the form should outline how you demonstrate the About You section. Responses will be anonymized and randomized prior to screening. We will not view your CV as part of the initial screening process. We will shortlist candidate responses based on the alignment with the knowledge, competencies and character required for this position. The intent is to minimize bias in the first assessment stage.
2. Initial Conversation (30 minutes)
Successful candidates selected to move forward in the process will be contacted to arrange an informal conversation. On this call, you can ask us questions about the school and the role. You will also hear more about our skill-based hiring process.
3. Scenario skill-based Interview
You will engage in a formal interview where we will engage with skill-based scenarios. You will be provided with further information prior to this stage.
4. Authentic Belonging Interview
If successful, you will progress to a final interview where we will discuss the school vision, mission, values and learning principles and any new questions you might have for us.
For more information about Montcrest School, please visit montcrest.ca.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682