Senior English Teacher
Elmwood School is an International Baccalaureate World School for girls from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Located in central Ottawa, Elmwood School has been educating young women for over 100 years. Elmwood’s experienced and dedicated faculty and staff work as a team to provide a dynamic and inspiring learning environment, and they are committed to excellence in all they do. Faculty compensation is highly competitive.
Elmwood’s vision is to be the most innovative girls’ school in Canada and operate at the forefront of girls’ education globally. As part of this vision, we invite applications from dynamic and innovative English teachers. The successful candidate will have a strong academic background with the ability to develop and deliver creative and comprehensive programming that meets the learning needs of all students. Experience in an International Baccalaureate School and in an all-girls learning environment would be an asset, though not essential.
- The ability to teach Senior English
- Experience teaching IB Diploma English is desirable
- Passion, creativity and commitment to the mission of the school
- An ability to work collaboratively within a team of dynamic educators
- A degree in English—an advanced degree would be an asset
- Membership and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- An understanding of the benefits of an all-girls learning environment
- The ability to instruct in a technology-rich environment
- A commitment to contributing to Elmwood’s co-curricular program
- Experience teaching in an International Baccalaureate school is desirable
- Applications are welcome from newly qualified teachers
Should your background and skills be a match for our needs, please send a letter of application, resume/CV, university transcripts, and reference information by email, with the job title in the subject line, to [email protected].
Applications are currently being accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will, however, only contact those selected for an interview. Elmwood reserves the right to make an appointment before the application deadline should suitable candidates be found.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682