Upper School – English Teacher
Crescent School has been a leader in boys’ education since 1913. Located on a beautiful, 37-acre campus in mid-Toronto, Crescent School has students in Grades 3 through 12.
Our mission, Men of Character from Boys of Promise, enables each student to reach the full potential of his unique abilities. Character development drives everything we do. We are committed to mentoring and relational learning – which bring out the best in boys – and instilling core values of respect, responsibility, honesty, and compassion. We nurture well-being while cultivating excellence in academics, arts, athletics, business, outreach, and robotics.
Our expertise is supported by exceptional resources, including high-tech learning spaces, modern libraries, a professionally equipped theatre, and superb athletic facilities.
Crescent School invites applications for the following teaching position;
Upper School – English Teacher – LTO
November 2023 – June 2024
You are a dynamic, certified teacher with exceptional relationship, communication and teaching skills and a passion for educating boys. You are committed to professional growth and innovative classroom practices that inspire the growth and development of your students and colleagues. You value a workplace that is challenging, diverse, and caring, and where your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
- Plan, implement, and assess the English curriculum for Grades 9 – 12 using creative teaching strategies, differentiated instruction, and active pedagogy.
- Motivate, inspire, and engage students to develop an understanding and appreciation of English language and literature
- Work collaboratively with colleagues both within and outside the English department
- Integrate the School’s mission throughout all curricular and co-curricular activities
- Utilize a variety of strategies to build strong relational connections with your students
- Act as a mentor to students by providing support and guidance in group and one-on-one settings
- Employ innovation and technology in teaching the units of study
- Effectively draw on classroom management practices to establish a positive and engaging teaching and learning environment
- Lead co-curricular activities, in the areas of Athletics, Arts, Robotics, Business, Outreach, and other programs as assigned
- Actively engage in staff and faculty meetings and professional development opportunities
- Participate in supervision, duty, and evening and weekend events as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, B.Ed., and membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Intermediate/Senior qualifications in English and a minimum of two years experience teaching English with the Ontario Curriculum
- Passion, creativity, and commitment to the role, team, and School mission
- Superior and demonstrated relational teaching skills, commitment to educational excellence, and experience implementing an integrated curriculum
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The ability and experience to contribute to the co-curricular programs, including expertise in at least one Character in Action area; Athletic, Arts, Robotics, Business, and Outreach
- A growth mindset, curiosity, and willingness to accept new perspectives
- The ability to cultivate courage and nurture connection
- Demonstrated experience as a team player and the desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture
For more information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and indicate “Application – Upper School – English” in the subject line. We thank all candidates in advance; only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
Crescent School believes in the importance of diversity, inclusivity, and belonging. We value the unique life experience that each person brings and believe that human differences make us stronger. We strive to be a community where every person feels welcome and valued. We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available upon request.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682