SchoolAdvice is a team of experienced educators. Get in touch with your questions and/or request a free 30 minute consult.
REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What Strathcona-Tweedsmuir says…
To develop well-balanced students for a life of purpose by inspiring excellence in scholarship, leadership and character.
A leading educator recognized nationally and internationally for delivering exceptional programs in a unique setting, with an enduring sense of community.
Our Core Values
Values are fundamental principles and beliefs that serve as implicit criteria guiding all actions and decision-making. Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School’s values include:
STS Guiding Principles
Our School community reflects the pride of shared purpose and love of learning in a values-based environment, where each child is respected as an individual.
- We believe in developing well-balanced individuals in an environment that emphasizes academic rigour, leadership, character development, self-expression, physical fitness, service and a global perspective;
- We uphold our values;
- We stimulate a collaborative learning environment while empowering our students through the development of critical and independent thinking by means of a challenging and balanced curriculum built on a foundation of core knowledge and subjects and an appropriate use of technology;
- We provide opportunities to explore and develop an appreciation for outdoor pursuits, the arts and speech & debate;
- We promote physical fitness, health and well-being;
- We appreciate and respect diversity;
- We foster strong inter-personal relationships between parents, students, faculty/staff and alumni in a safe and nurturing community;
- We treasure our strong sense of family and community, and;
- We believe the safety of our students is paramount.
Are you an administrator at this school?
Keep your school’s information up-to-date.
Last Update: 18.11.08
Grades (Gender): K to 12 (Coed)
Tuition: $ 18,780 – 21,660
Average Class Size: 16 – 18
Enrollment Day: 675 (1 – 12)
Contact Person: Lydia Hawkins
Employment Opportunities & Hire History
November 5, 2018 – Spanish Teacher
September 17, 2018 – PE & Science Teacher
September 5, 2018 – Spanish Teacher
August 21, 2018 – Spanish Teacher
June 11, 2018 – Math Teacher
May 23, 2018 – Grade 6 Teacher
May 11, 2018 – Social Studies Teacher
April 20, 2018 Assistant Facilities Operator
April 11, 2018 – MYP Coordinator
March 9, 2018 – Science Teacher Grades 7 – 9
March 7, 2018 – Mathematics Teacher Grades 7 – 9
February 27, 2018 – Principal Elementary School
December 5, 2017 – Spanish Teacher (Temporary)
December 4, 2017 – Assistant Facilities Operator
October 27, 2017 – Guest Teachers
Submit a Comment, Review or Testimonial
Share your experience with this school as a parent, student, or educator.
None yet! Be the first to leave a review.
Connect with Admissions
Contact us to review all of your school options.
The first 30 minutes are always free.