Senior School Director
The world needs great women…it starts at The Study. Founded in 1915, and recognized as one of Canada’s premier girls’ schools, The Study actively fosters the development of character, confidence and visionary thinking. Dedicated teachers and staff offer a stimulating bilingual environment to 390 students from Kindergarten to Grade 11.
Senior School Director
An exciting opportunity exists to provide leadership to The Study’s Senior School of approximately 200 students from Secondary I to Secondary V (Grade 7 to Grade 11).
The Senior School Director is responsible for maintaining congruency between the school’s mission statement and all aspects of the Senior School. He/She reports directly to the Head of School, is a member of the senior leadership team and plays a key role in enabling the school to realize its vision. The Senior School Director coordinates the development and implementation of a fully enriched bilingual curriculum, overseeing the daily educational programme of the students, both academically and with regard to co-curricular activities, liaises with parents and provides guidance and direction to approximately 35 teachers and staff.
As the ideal candidate you are an exceptional educator with the following leadership experience and relevant academic qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of Senior School curricular and co-curricular
- programs and a deep understanding of the educational, physical, social and emotional needs of students in Grades 7 to 11.
- Outstanding experience and success in innovative pedagogy.
- Encompasses a ‘whole student’ educational philosophy.
- Has a diplomatic and energetic personality as well as a consultative yet decisive approach with teachers and parents.
- Displays a deep commitment to professional growth and development for him/herself and your staff, a sense of humour and a passion for working with and for young people.
- Relevant university qualifications, preferably at the graduate level, with an education degree at either the Bachelor’s or graduate level.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an educational administrator
- Oral and written fluency in French and English
- Administrative experience and knowledge working in independent schools
- Working knowledge of the QEP (Quebec Education Program)
- Experience in coaching and professional development of staff members
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of recent pedagogy in the development of educational best practices
- Potential to teach as well as administrate in the senior school
- A readiness to participate in the diverse life of the school community
- Experience in the use of technology for instruction
- Ability to work effectively in a team and contribute to its success
If interested in pursuing this opportunity to work with terrific colleagues and students at an exceptional school, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Franca Monaco at [email protected] by July 7th, 2023.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682