Upper School Math Teacher
St. John’s-Kilmarnock School
Job Title: Upper School Math Teacher
Location: St. John’s-Kilmarnock School (SJK)
SJK is the leading co-educational independent school in the Waterloo Region of Ontario. The School, which was founded in 1972, is located on a beautiful 36-acre natural campus offering enriched educational programming for day students from JK – Grade 12 and international boarding students from Grades 9 – 12 through our accredited International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme. The School’s co-ed Boarding Residence is located in close proximity to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University.
SJK offers a world of learning where we embrace innovation, diversity and internationalism. We have dedicated and inspirational educators, attentive to the needs of individual students and their families. Our expectations are high; students are encouraged to find balance through academics, sports, arts, service and leadership. As the only accredited IB World Continuum School in Southwestern Ontario, our students love to learn, and graduate as confident, well-rounded individuals fully prepared for post-secondary education and life beyond. Our graduates take their passions to the world as leaders and global citizens.
SJK is seeking a highly motivated and committed Upper School (Grades 7-12) Math teacher. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher who appreciates working in a collaborative environment, dedicated to the highest standards of teaching and learning.
Start Date: January 9, 2023 or as soon thereafter as possible
Contract: Full-Time Permanent
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Education Degree with an undergraduate degree in Mathematics
- Intermediate and Senior Divisional Qualifications in Mathematics
- An Ontario College of Teachers Certificate, or eligibility for teacher certification in Ontario
- OCT Membership in good standing
- Experience teaching Math to Grades 7 to 12
- Experience teaching the International Baccalaureate MYP and DP is an asset
- Independent school experience is an asset
- A positive, enthusiastic, and encouraging approach to learning and all aspects of school life
- Collaborative and solution-focused, with a passion for teaching
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A proven ability to build a caring rapport with students
- Effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues
- An ability to instruct using a range of differentiated teaching strategies and technology
- A dynamic, dedicated team player with a strong work ethic
- Capacity to contribute to SJK’s co-curricular program
- Willingness to learn, and commitment to personal and professional growth and development
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email a letter of application and a résumé to Cheryl Boughton, Head of School by Monday, January 9, 2023 at the latest to: [email protected].
The School reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit an application at their earliest convenience.
SJK is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan if eligible, and opportunities for professional development in a vibrant, collegial work environment.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682