Junior School Teacher
JUNIOR SCHOOL TEACHER
One Year Contract
St. Clement’s School is currently looking for a qualified Junior School Teacher (Teacher) to join our School on a full-time basis commencing on August 28, 2023 and for the 2023-2024 school year, with a New Staff Orientation Day on August 24, 2023.
The Junior School Teacher is experienced and passionate about making a difference in the lives of our students. The Junior School Teacher is responsible for planning, preparation, and teaching their Homeform class, in addition to participating in staff, department, and professional development meetings and additional activities related to school life. The incumbent will also participate in and support LINCWell initiatives, and implement best practices to meet the individual needs of our students.
- Design and develop unit plans to deliver curriculum in a challenging, creative way that creates interdisciplinary connections;
- Support, supervise, and assess students and report on individual student achievement;
- Use technology to enhance learning in the classroom;
- As a member of the Junior School team, collaborate with faculty and curriculum leaders to develop anti-oppression pedagogy and approaches;
- Maintain knowledge of developments in teaching and learning strategies and, working with colleagues, determine best practices in instructional planning and delivery;
- Support families with open, ongoing communication about student progress;
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines and grades;
- Participate in department meetings and professional development days;
- Fully participate and engage in the life of the School;
- Coach, organize, and/or participate in extracurricular trips and activities, which may fall before and after school hours and on weekends; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- A post-secondary undergraduate degree, Honours preferred;
- Ontario Teacher Qualifications in Primary/Junior and/or Junior/Intermediate division;
- Certificate of Qualification and Registration with the OCT;
- Strong background in literacy and numeracy;
- Excellent classroom management, organizational, and planning skills;
- Culturally competent educator with a demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression education;
- Experience integrating technology to enhance learning;
- Commitment to girls’ education and knowledge of girls’ developmental, educational, and social-emotional needs;
- Experience with differentiation and the ability to use a wide variety of teaching and assessment strategies to meet the learning needs of all students;
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work and plan in close collaboration with all constituents including colleagues, parents, and students;
- Exploration and support of interdisciplinary and inquiry-based learning opportunities;
- Commitment to co-curricular activities, coaching, and full participation in school life;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to handle confidential material and situations with discretion and sensitivity; and
- Clear criminal record check is required as a condition of employment.
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
St. Clement’s School is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value each community member’s identity and well-being. Together, we learn and grow by embracing multiple perspectives, experiences, and cultures. Our differences are our strengths.
St. Clement’s is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations will be provided upon request to support applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation please advise us during our initial conversation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. We’re a close-knit, dynamic community of approximately 460 students from Grade 1-12 who live, learn and grow together under one roof. St. Clement’s is recognized for its longstanding commitment to academic rigour and excellence in a small, nurturing environment. At SCS, every student is known and valued.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. To learn more about SCS and our career opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.scs.on.ca/about-scs/careers/.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting an application at http://stclements.simplication.com/ including a resume and cover letter by July 19, 2023.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!
Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682