FRENCH – GRADE 12
FRENCH EXTENDED/IMMERSION (FEF4U/FIF4U)
FRENCH CORE (FSF4U)
CONVERSATIONAL BEGINNER FRENCH (NON-CREDIT)
HUMANITIES, MATH, OR SCIENCES AT GRADE 12 LEVEL
Position Type French Teacher (80% -100%)
Duration 1 Year Renewable
School Name Neuchâtel Junior College
City, Country Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Posted February 2, 2023
Founded in 1956, Neuchâtel Junior College (NJC) provides a unique international education experience to students in their pre-university / final year of high school. Located in the 11th century French-speaking city of Neuchâtel Switzerland, NJC students earn Ontario Grade 12 curriculum credits, and may study for Advanced Placement (AP) examinations to earn advanced standing at university. The closeknit community of nearly 80 students per year reside with homestay boarding or ‘pension’ families, providing students with a complete immersion in European life. NJC graduates knowledgeable, confident, independent leaders, 86% of whom are Ontario Scholars.
The faculty at Neuchâtel Junior College is distinguished by exceptional teachers who provide a differentiated approach to instruction. Through this program, students develop strong literacy, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The teaching facilities are well equipped and offer bright and technology rich environments.
As an experienced French teacher at NJC, you will be confident in curriculum development, will support all learners with diverse strategies and approaches, and be willing to bring innovative solutions to learning challenges experienced by students. Your classes will be engaging and dynamic; you will enjoy what you do. Students will find you to be approachable, available, knowledgeable, genuine and supportive. You will be a champion of the French language at NJC and you will encourage the students to communicate at all times in French in the community.
You will provide them with opportunities to do so, for example in organising day trips, exchanges with local schools, oral communication activities with the pensions, semaine de la francophonie activities, etc. You will have an interest in developing classes with a focus on European French and more specifically on the Swiss variation of the language and the Swiss culture. A member of the NJC faculty, you will engage in the work of the school in a collegial and supportive manner. You will participate actively in the life of the school.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
In order to be considered for this position, candidates will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
- Relevant university qualifications preferably at the graduate level (e.g. Bachelor of Education plus Bachelor of Art in French or equivalent);
- Additional qualifications an asset;
- Certification from the Ontario College of Teachers and be a member in ‘Good Standing’;
- A minimum of 2 years exemplary teaching experience;
- Experience in an independent school setting is an asset;
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices in the areas of curriculum planning and implementation of the most recent Ontario Secondary School French curriculum and assessment practices in line with Growing Success;
- Knowledge of differing learning needs and a toolbox of strategies for facilitating student success in French;
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management and communication skills;
- Energy, commitment and a readiness to participate in the co-curricular program travel, and the diverse life of the school community.
Employment and Application Details
The appointment is effective September 1, 2023
To apply, please send a letter and c.v., in confidence, to Ms. Megan Watt, Director of Operations, Neuchâtel Junior College at [email protected] by February 21, 2022.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please. For more information, please visit www.njc.ch.
Crêt-Taconnet 4, 2002 Neuchâtel, Switzerland | Tel: 41 (0) 32.722.1869 | Fax: 41 (0) 32.722.1869 | Head of School/Directeur Andrew J. Keleher, B.A. B.Ed. M.Ed.
Canadian Office: 36 Toronto Street, Suite 850, Toronto, ON M5C 2C5 Canada | Tel: 416.368.8169 | Toll Free: 1.800.263.2923 | [email protected] | www.njc.ch
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
You have Successfully Subscribed!
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682