Music Teacher, Elementary School
Job Position Title – Elementary School Music Teacher (Maternity Leave- January 9, 2023 to June 30, 2023 )
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
Meadowridge School seeks a visionary, passionate, organized, and hard-working Elementary Music Teacher for a one-year maternity leave. The position is salaried and full-time (1.0 FTE). Remuneration is superior for this position and working conditions are as well. You will find the environment to be fun, friendly, and supportive of your efforts.
Meadowridge is an independent, co-educational, secular day school offering an IB education to over 670 students ages 4 to 17 (JK to 12). The school campus is located on a 27-acre, forested parcel of land on the outskirts of Maple Ridge, BC. Our campus and facilities have been carefully designed to align with our connection and appreciation of the natural world. Our physical spaces reflect the importance of movement, play and interaction with the outdoors. Exterior doors from classrooms provide quick access to natural spaces, including a community garden, green houses, a forest with a trail network, and a newly developed campground area. Our play spaces are vast and take into consideration the developmental needs of children.
Meadowridge is also an accredited, IB continuum world school with a well-established Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP). Our teaching faculty are highly trained IB educators, with a growing number of IB Workshop Academy leaders on staff. The IB Learner Profile provides the foundation for character development at our school, while the IB Approaches to Teaching allow for continued pedagogical growth and reflection of our teachers.
In addition to being an IB world school, we are also accredited by the Canadian Accreditation of Independent Schools (CAIS), and the British Columbia Ministry of Education. These organizations compliment the global perspective that is inherent in the IB program, while also helping to ensure we maintain a current and relevant world-class educational experience.
- plan and deliver the core program requirements for their respective grades
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- nurture each child to discover their own talents, sense of purpose, sense of self and inner strength
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education specializing in Music
- A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience preferred
- Experience teaching at an independent school environment, an asset
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player willing to work on parallel programming with grade partner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
This position will require one day of training on site the week of December 12-16, 2022.
There is potential for this position to extend until December 2023.
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit follow this link to apply:
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682