Communications & Marketing Managert
Communications and Marketing Manager Full-time, Permanent
King David High School is a pluralistic community Jewish high school. We are also a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and are a CAIS-accredited school. Our staff come from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David teachers enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment. We collaborate to create a fun and caring learning environment where our students strive to reach their potential by setting high standards and working hard. King David High School nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
The role of the Communications and Marketing Manager at King David is crucial for capturing and sharing the school’s story. This individual should be comfortable and competent across various platforms, demonstrating curiosity, strong writing skills, and an ability to connect with audiences. They should also have a desire to develop strategies and implement tactics.
In this position, the Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Admissions and Communication, Director of Development, Head of School, and Development Associates. They will be responsible for developing internal and external communications and contributing to community-building efforts. Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Communications, they will collaborate with the school’s Development, as well as other administrative and faculty teams.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a passion for communication and storytelling. They should enjoy combining strategy with creativity and be excited about exploring new technologies. They should be motivated to contribute to the ongoing success of the school and its students.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will primarily work on campus, but there is some flexibility to occasionally work from home based on specific projects and the school’s calendar of activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write for a variety of publications such as our annual report and weekly newsletter
- Create regular social media content including images, captions, reels, stories
- Capture photos and video for social media, newsletter, and other channels
- Develop engaging and succinct website copy
- Support communication for community events and initiatives
Maintenance and ongoing enhancement of King David’s website:
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to strategically enhance website content to reflect the school’s program offerings, mission, vision, and values (refreshed site launching in August 2023)
- Build new pages to support marketing efforts, events, and other initiatives
- Manage ongoing content updates on existing pages
- Troubleshoot technical issues with the IT team
- Understand the school’s target market
- Create strategic campaigns in support of the school’s marketing goals, via social media, Google, print, and other means
- Be comfortable with graphic design to create relevant content for all platforms.
- Creates graphics, advertisements, flyers, signs, etc. to promote the school and events
- Communicates and works with commercial printers to ensure quality output
- Create copy that conveys key messages and compels the audience to act
- Measure the effectiveness of ads and refine as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and expertise to both develop strategies and implement tactics
- Experience in communications and marketing preferred
- Excellent writing, editorial, and proofreading skills
- High level of attention to detail and a strong understanding of the importance of adherence to brand voice, tone and style.
- Ability to create content as well as identify and generate creative story ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Suite or Canva for graphic design
- Proficient knowledge of content management systems (experience with WordPress an asset), Google applications, and presentation software
- Well-developed project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while meeting tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and a self-starter who can work independently and in a team
- Ability to collaborate widely with various stakeholders throughout the school community
- General understanding of independent school education, philanthropy, and school communications
Why work at King David:
- King David staff enjoy working in a warm, welcoming, modern and collegial environment
- Professional development is supported, both in and out of school, through conference attendance or course and workshop participation
- We are learning together to teach the new curriculum as we place an emphasis on being at the forefront of change
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration that is committed to creating a safe, positive work environment
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package with salaries well above local public schools, extended health benefits, RRSP pension matching, and other perks
How to apply:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of educators and you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to hear from you. King David values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to equal employment opportunities.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and references to Russ Klein, Head of School at [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their application and will be in contact in mid-July.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682