Elementary & Middle School Music & Arts Specialist
Who We Are:
Kawartha Montessori School (KMS) is the only CCMA accredited Montessori school within the beautiful Kawartha area. Our campus is located on 10 acres directly beside Mark S. Burnham Provincial Park and we have been in operation for 41 years. We have a dynamic team of dedicated staff, an engaged parent community, and a committed volunteer Board of Directors. We offer an unparalleled learning environment for children from 2½ years to Grade 8, and provide an authentic Montessori education that emphasizes the whole child within an environment that inspires the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of socially responsible citizens. We nurture independence, self-esteem, and empathy. We inspire curiosity and love of learning, and enrich an individual’s knowledge, skills and work by challenging each child to reach their potential. We create an inclusive community that celebrates diversity and respect. We are a workplace culture founded on our core values of: Integrity, Commitment, Respect, Innovation and Achievement.
Your Role at KMS:
This is a unique role that is full of possibilities for the 2023-2024 school year. We wish to recruit a trained, passionate, and committed Music and Visual Arts Specialist to teach our Elementary and Middle School students (grades 1-8). There is an opportunity as well to use the space at our school to run your own 1:1 private piano lessons to the students in our school community throughout the school day.
- Teach Music lessons in small groups (total of 6.5 hours a week of instructional time).
- Teach Art lessons to full classes (total of 3 hours a week of instructional time).
- Develop a culturally relevant, inclusive and responsive Music and Art program for diverse learners.
- Coordinate whole school Music events (Winter Concert, Showcase Talent Show, end of year Graduation musical performance).
- Assessing and writing report cards as well participating in parent/teacher conferences.
- Establish positive relationships with parents, faculty and students
- Ideal candidate would be able to take on all aspects of this position but please apply if only some of the requirements suit your talents, abilities or interests.
- Undergraduate degree and/or Music Arts Diploma
- Passion and experience teaching music and art to children/youth
- Understanding of Montessori education and pedagogy
- Montessori teaching certificate and/or Bachelor of Education (preferable, but not essential)
- Experience with wind instruments
- Ability to differentiate lessons based on needs of students
- Maturity, patience and a friendly demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening prior to start date
- Hold a current First Aid certification with Child/Infant CPR
How You Can Join Our Team:
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title (Music and Arts Specialist) in your subject line. We will review applications as they are received until we find our successful candidate. We thank you for your interest and those selected to participate in the selection process will be contacted. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities, KMS is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to having a person who shares our passion and commitment to
education join us!
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682