Science Teacher, Lower School
HTS, where every learner is seen, heard and encouraged to
make an impact in their communities and the world.
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. In order to thrive, students will need to be lifelong learners. Our goal as a leading educational institution is to inspire our students to be driven in their pursuits, make an impact in their communities (professional and personal) and be nimble to a complex and rapidly evolving world.
We invite all learners, students and adults alike, to be engaged in the process of understanding, creating and articulating knowledge, skills and dispositions. Our vision engages all stakeholders in a learning relationship that is driven by knowing one’s strengths, interests and areas for growth. We recognize and honour the uniqueness and dignity of all learners, foster their agency and choice, while inviting our learners’ curiosity and courage to try new things and explore new opportunities. We believe that the purpose of education is to prepare students for life. A rapidly evolving world needs confident, driven, intellectually agile and empathetic citizens.
- Dignity is at the heart of inclusion and respect.
- Learning is a journey, not a destination.
- Character is the essence of our humanity.
- Excellence is the pursuit and realization of one’s personal best.
- Innovation is a mindset of possibilities fuelled by curiosity.
About This Faculty Role:
HTS has an exciting opportunity to join our team in August 2023 as a Lower School Science Teacher, grades 3-5. The course load for this position may also include some Lower School Physical Education classes. The successful candidate will also work with homeroom teachers in grades K-2 to help design and deliver science programming as needed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a program that is dynamic and engaging learning environment that fuels our students’ curiosities as they explore scientific concepts, conduct experiments, while also making connections between what they are learning and their life. We are seeking an educator who places the learner first co-creating the learning experience with the learners, building networks in and out of the classroom. We are excited to welcome to our staff an educator who models our values of respect, integrity, courage and empathy. An educator who is willing to try new things, values the learning journey more than the product, is inclusive and caring, but above all loves their work deeply.
Who You Are:
At HTS, we value educators as architects and lead learners: You are caring, intelligent, flexible and dedicated and are someone who designs learning experiences that are relevant and meaningful for your learners. You are dedicated to professional renewal and knowing your students – striving for excellence. You create an inspiring learning environment that is engaging, supportive and inclusive. You believe Science education is interdisciplinary, hands on, and inquiry based so that students can explore key concepts that are sparked by their curiosity and joy.
You have strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, you should possess strengths in:
- Curriculum Design
- Instruction and Delivery
- Assessment and Achievement
What You Need:
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Ontario Teacher Certification with experience teaching primary and/or junior
- Experience teaching Science or qualifications to teach Science would be considered an asset
- Deep knowledge of the Ontario curriculum and Growing Success Policies as well as ensuring KICA/TACK is part of the assessment process and instructional design
- Knowledge of Ontario’s – 21st century competencies
- Expertise differentiating instruction to meet the diverse needs and interests of learners
- Experience with curriculum design such as PBL, Backwards Design or UDL
- The willingness and ability to collaborate with various community members
- The willingness to look for integrated curriculum opportunities
- Experience working from a DEI framework
- Experience or expertise in learner-centered instructional approaches
- Experience integrating technology into the learning environment to enhance and augment the learning experience
What’s In It For You?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and provide the following:
- Learners who are inspiring, dedicated and deeply committed to their learning and our community
- A stimulating learning and work environment
- Extensive professional learning opportunities
- A beautiful and modern campus nestled in 37 acres of forest in the Oak Ridges Moraine
- A professional culture based on the principles of integrity, professionalism and innovation
- An environment that is committed to equity
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply here
The deadline to apply is Wednesday July 26, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682