Senior School Math Teacher
HTS, where every learner is seen, heard and encouraged to
make an impact in their communities and the world.
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. In order to thrive, students will need to be lifelong learners. Our goal as a leading educational institution is to inspire our students to be driven in their pursuits, make an impact in their communities (professional and personal) and be nimble to a complex and rapidly evolving world.
We invite all learners, students and adults alike, to be engaged in the process of understanding, creating and articulating knowledge, skills and dispositions. Our vision engages all stakeholders in a learning relationship that is driven by knowing one’s strengths, interests and areas for growth. We recognize and honor the uniqueness and dignity of all learners, foster their agency and choice, while inviting our learners’ curiosity and courage to try new things and explore new opportunities. We believe that the purpose of education is to prepare students for life. A rapidly evolving world needs confident, driven, intellectually agile and empathetic citizens.
- Dignity is at the heart of inclusion and respect.
- Learning is a journey, not a destination.
- Character is the essence of our humanity.
- Excellence is the pursuit and realization of one’s personal best.
- Innovation is a mindset of possibilities fuelled by curiosity.
About This Faculty Role:
HTS has an exciting 2 month LTO opportunity for an educator to join our Senior School as a Math Teacher. This role will start in January and end in approximately March.
The successful candidates will oversee the academic progress and personal growth of each student in their assigned courses, and be fully involved in co-curricular activities. HTS prides itself on its small class size and abundance of resources in the classroom. The successful candidate will have a schedule that may include any of the following: Math Data Management (MDM4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U), and Grade 9 Mathematics (MTH1W).
Who You Are:
At HTS, we value educators as architects and lead learners: You are caring, intelligent, flexible and dedicated and are someone who designs learning experiences that are relevant and meaningful for your learners. You are dedicated to professional renewal and knowing your students – striving for excellence. You create an inspiring learning environment that is engaging, supportive and inclusive.
You have strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, you should possess strengths in:
- Curriculum Design
- Instruction and Delivery
- Assessment and Achievement
What You Need:
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Ontario Teacher Certification with experience teaching senior school mathematics
- Deep knowledge of the Ontario curriculum and Growing Success Policies
- Knowledge of Ontario’s – 21st century competencies
- Experience or expertise in learner-centered instructional approaches: Project-based learning, Design thinking, or Challenge-based learning
- Experience integrating technology into the learning environment to enhance and augment the learning experience
- The willingness and ability to collaborate with fellow teachers
- Experience working from a DEI framework
- Google Educator Level 1 Certification an asset
What’s In It For You?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and provide the following:
- Learners who are inspiring, dedicated and deeply committed to their learning and our community
- A stimulating learning and work environment
- Professional learning opportunities
- A beautiful and modern campus nestled in 37 acres of forest in the Oak Ridges Moraine
- A professional culture based on the principles of integrity, professionalism and innovation
- An environment that is committed to equity
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply here.
The deadline to apply is December 19, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us for more information.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682