Head of School
Head of School, Hebrew Foundation School
Hebrew Foundation School (HFS) offers an enriched curriculum in three languages to a broad spectrum of learners, complemented by meaningful Jewish experiences that provide children with a strong foundation for academic and developmental success.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the Head of School provides leadership, direction, and coordination of HFS’ daily operations. HFS is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, committed, and dynamic individual with a passion for academic excellence.
In collaboration with the Board, the Head of School is accountable for HFS’ strategic direction and financial success, ensures curriculum is inspiring and continues and oversees successful operation of the school and a collaborative and inspiring school organization.
There are 205 students and approximately 55 staff including 25 teachers. In assuming this leadership position, the Head of School will foster a deep sense of community and belonging with students, families, and staff, and will focus on the following priorities
- Maintain and build on the strong existing relationships across the school and broader community
- In close collaboration with the Board and others, help to renew and shape the vision and mission
- Ensure financial sustainability and consistency of the school
- Attract and retain staff, and support staff engagement and professional development
- Develop the school’s enrolment strategy and marketing/communications plan
- Ensure effective and timely communication among all community members
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead an independent Jewish school with a Board that operates effectively,
a committed and invested parent community, and dedicated and compassionate staff.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, experience, and attributes:
- A collaborative leader, who will empower a high performing leadership team and inspire faculty, students, parents, and alumni toward the continued pursuit of excellence
- Effectively communicates the value of an HFS education to the community
- Cultivates an active, engaged, and highly visible presence within the HFS community and the West Island Jewish community
- Relates very well to others & builds effective connections with all stakeholders, including parents
- Creates a supportive work environment for all staff and fosters their career development
- Creates & maintains a strong school culture and spirit
- Demonstrates capacity to enforce clear structure, expectations, roles and responsibilities
- Recruits, develops and retains outstanding faculty, administration and support staff
- Evaluates staff based on accomplishment of predetermined goals.
- Proven track record of successful academic and / or business leadership experience
- A confident public speaker; someone who instills confidence
- Actively listens to others and effectively interprets others’ perceptions and motivations
- Demonstrates ease in communicating to all stakeholders.
- Eloquently represents the school to parents, faculty, and other organizational leaders in the community
- Develops and executes a plan to improve and build on school’s image & reputation in the community
- Participates in school’s development program as required by the Development Committee
- University degree in a related field
- Represents the school in its relations with government agencies and with educational organizations and accreditation agencies, ensuring compliance therewith (AJDS, Prizmah, BJEC, Federation CJA, & MELS and or similar organizations)
- Ensures the school image and premises demonstrate the added value of a private school and suggest ways to continuously improve
- Collaborates with the Finance Committee for building expenditures and maintenance and oversees capital expenditures as it pertains to the facility.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit sector/not-for profit schools
- Experience with IB Program
- Experience successfully negotiating collective agreements; being able to use conflict resolution skills to diffuse situations
Should you have any questions regarding this important and meaningful opportunity, or wish to forward a cover letter and resume for consideration, please send the email to [email protected] by December 2nd, 2022.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682