Swim Team Coach
Crescent School has been a leader in boys’ education since 1913. Located on a beautiful, 37-acre campus in mid-Toronto, Crescent School has students in Grades 3 through 12.
Our mission, Men of Character from Boys of Promise, enables each student to reach the full potential of his unique abilities. Character development drives everything we do. We are committed to mentoring and relational learning – which bring out the best in boys – and instilling core values of respect, responsibility, honesty and compassion. We nurture wellbeing while cultivating excellence in academics, arts, athletics, business, outreach and robotics.
Our expertise is supported by exceptional resources, including high-tech learning spaces, modern libraries, a professionally equipped theatre and superb athletic facilities.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position
SWIM TEAM COACH
MULTI SPORT (GRADES 5-8)
Winter season (November 2022 to Feb. 28 2023)
Available 7:15am to 8:30am and 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Times vary according to team schedules
Crescent is seeking qualified coaches, particularly with experience as a Swim Team Coach. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, Coaches are responsible for the selection, skill development and coaching of student athletes for the basketball team. The Coach is responsible for teaching students about ethical behaviour, good sportsmanship and the development of leadership skills.
- Select team members through tryouts
- Develop students’ skills through drills and practice
- Ensure there is always a safe practice and game space
- Create and deliver the season practice schedule in conjunction with the Director of Athletics
- Coach and represent Crescent in accordance with the School’s Code of Conduct
- Travel with the team to all games, tournaments and meetings as required for the team schedule
- Complete player reports at the conclusion of the season
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience coaching at this age and level is required
- NCCP or equivalent certification is an asset
- Lifeguard certification is an asset
- Communicates with courage and respect and takes ownership of responsibilities
- Builds authentic relationships
- Mentors and models and uses professional judgment
If you are interested in one of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to Fraser Bertram at [email protected]ntschool.org
For more information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org.
Crescent School believes in the importance of diversity, inclusivity, and belonging. We value the unique life experience that each person brings and believe that human differences make us stronger. We strive to be a community where every person feels welcome and valued. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available upon request.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682