Commencing end of January 2023 until June 2023
Do you have a passion for music and want to share your love of music with our students at BSS? Then we have the position for you as our Music Teacher! We are seeking a Vocal and Instrumental Music Teacher to support our Grade 9s & 10s and our Jr. School students.
BSS offers the opportunity to join an exceptional community of professionals and contribute meaningfully to the education of tomorrow’s transformational leaders. As an employer, we focus on building and developing our employees to be the very best at what they do. We offer competitive compensation, a variety of benefits and supports, and a thought-provoking and inspirational environment
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Performing Arts Department Head and the Vice Principal, Junior School, the Music Teacher works with faculty and students to help them further develop their vocal and instrumental music skills, and prepare for school performances. The Music Teacher will teach Vocal to the Grade 9s and 10s and will also be responsible for instrumental music lessons with the Grade 5s and 6s.
- Teaches Grade 5 & 6 vocal and instrumental music skills, for example percussion and keyboard etc.
- Incorporates technology into Junior School music classes (i.e. GarageBand, iMovie, midi keyboards, etc.)
- Teaches Grade 9 /10 vocals
- Ensures the curriculum is aligned with Ministry of Education expectations, and with the BSS Culture of Powerful Learning
- Initiates, coordinates and/or co-constructs performance opportunities including showcase for the community, chapels and assemblies
- Supports the Senior School Chapel Music program
- Co-curricular activities
- Senior Choir, Chamber Choir
- Concerts and rehearsals
- Performing Arts administration
- Finance (invoicing)
- Concert administration
- Communication (myBSS & Brightspace)
- Support of individual and small groups of students requiring differentiated instruction across all subject areas
- Documentation and reporting of student learning
- Teaching coverage and assigned duties, as needed, within various grade levels to ensure continuity for students when colleagues are away
- Professional learning, faculty meetings, curricular initiatives
- Embed diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into all processes and practice
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Must have an Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certificate
- Accomplished vocal musician and performance experience in a school or community setting
- A passion for aligning educational research with classroom practice
- Strong technology skills and proficiency in Google Suite
- Commitment to, and passion for, furthering the work of the school, an Inquiry-based approach to learning , and girls’ education
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop relationships and a caring rapport with students and their families, and with teachers
- Commitment to participate as a collaborative member in all aspects of the school and in school life
- A growth mindset of continuous improvement and learning
- Culturally competent with a positive attitude toward cultural uniqueness, as well as a readiness to accept and respect others
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment for your students, with families and your colleagues.
Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core and Leadership Competencies at BSS:
- Respect and care
- Trus and integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Community focused
Why Work at BSS?
We value the willingness to take risks in order to learn and grow – and not just for our students. At BSS, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unparalleled setting, with access to innovative tools, support and resources, so you can pursue ongoing professional learning, whatever your role.
BSS Values Diversity:
BSS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] indicating Music Teacher in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca
We are committed to providing an accessible experience and an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Assistant, Human Resources and Finance at 416-483-4325, ext. 4207 or by email at [email protected] All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682