Head of School
Ashwood Glen is a new, dynamic and progressive school in the heart of Burlington. Our promise is to always put our students first and ensure we meet their social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
At Ashwood Glen we aspire to join the global community of the International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools; the gold standard of education. While we actively pursue becoming an IB authorized school, we have integrated core aspects of the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) in our curriculum for students in our Junior House. We aim for our students to develop into well-rounded leaders, thinkers and global citizens, a holistic approach focusing on the development of all aspects of the child.
Our newly constructed facility in the centre of Burlington, boasts a spacious campus built with the student in mind. With advanced software capabilities and best-in-class teaching methodologies, we engage our students to learn through inquiry nurturing them into critical thinkers and resilient and confident leaders ready to impact change. Career Opportunity: Head of School – Elementary and Middle School
Ashwood Glen is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, committed and dynamic individual with a passion for academic excellence. We are looking for individual who can lead, collaborate and manage a variety of learning environments and activities, that provide opportunities for students to reach maximum potential and achieve learning objectives.
We offer a competitive compensation package with advancement opportunities. We are committed to quality care and learning while bringing passion to the school. If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Key Responsibilities – Head of School:
- Provide effective curriculum leadership that supports the school’s objectives including student achievement and well-being.
- Establish an optimal learning environment within the school focusing on holistic development of children.
- Effectively conduct the management and administration of the school’s resources regarding, but not limited to, operational areas including the management of staff; the creation of a safe learning environment; student registration, attendance and promotion; discipline and student records.
- Promote professional growth through fair, effective and timely teacher performance appraisals including managing the completion of annual evaluation and career progression plans.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to parents, staff, Board and the community.
- Promote a culture of respect, enthusiasm, innovation and continuous learning within the school.
- At least 10 years’ academic administration or Head of School experience in a private or public elementary school in Ontario.
- Master of Education degree and an OCT Membership in good standing.
- Experience of developing curriculum for elementary grades that meet and exceeds Ministry of Education standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Ministry of Education requirements for a private school board.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, excellent work ethic and the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
- Build effective interpersonal relationships with all stakeholders including parents.
- Problem-solve and make evidence-based, informed decisions.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide the name and contact information of your current and previous employers.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
You have Successfully Subscribed!
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682