Ashbury College is a leading independent school for students, Grades 4 to 12. We are a diverse, international community, with students from over 50 countries. Benefiting from small class sizes, a respectful environment, technology-enhanced classrooms, and dynamic teachers, our students are inspired to become intellectually vibrant, compassionate, and responsible citizens.
At Asbury College, our mission is to develop students as responsible global citizens. We do this through a community of employees, volunteers, and students who cultivate and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals who are members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity. This supports our mission, makes our community stronger, and adds to our culture.
Based in central Ottawa, Ashbury College is currently seeking a full-time Multimedia Design and Content Coordinator for our Communications Department. This is a 3-month term, beginning mid-November, and finishing mid-February 2023.
The successful candidate will develop creative to promote the school, its brand, people and services, to support the mission of building relationships with our constituents. Reporting directly to the Director, Communications and Marketing, you will be responsible for all manner of print and electronic publications and collateral materials from conception to completion, within established budgets, specifications, branding parameters and deadlines. Working closely with all school departments your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and coordinating production of various online assets, including electronic newsletters and videos,
- Developing and maintaining graphic and content aspects of the school’s website, as well as developing original and effective web-solutions and digital advertising campaigns,
- Capturing various aspects of school life photographically and in video, for use in publications, marketing materials and website, and ensuring the image collections, correction and optimization are within brand parameters.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following skills:
- Expert knowledge of graphic design techniques,
- Thorough understanding of website development and set-up, and graphics optimization,
- Exceptional photography and image manipulation skills,
- Expert knowledge of video and audio recording, editing, and post-production techniques and standards,
- Proficiency with HTML5, WordPress, and a variety of software programs including the Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite,
- Ability to work unsupervised and successfully manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment,
- Communication skills to effectively respond to a variety of people and issues.
You also possess a University degree or College certification with emphasis in communication, marketing, graphic design or equivalent, and have a minimum of five years of progressive experience in a relevant field with a high level of autonomy managing priorities and production in a busy environment. While this position requires a number of technical skills, the ideal candidate will be, first and foremost, an innovative, tech-savvy communications professional, with superior visual communication skills, and demonstrated success in marketing and public relations. Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to https://ashbury.simplication.com/. The deadline for applications is October 21, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions about this position, please email [email protected].
If we contact you about an employment opportunity and you require an accommodation, we’ll work with you to meet your needs.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682