Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for an
Beginning September 2023
Our mission is to educate and enable our students to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
At Appleby, we inspire our 770 students in grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, co-curricular, experiential, and boarding life programme that has been founded on the school’s eight Pillars of Strength: Pursue Scholarship, Think Creatively, Engage Globally, Grow Experientially, Discover Self, Embrace Wellbeing, Practice Leadership, and Build Community.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages our students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Our team is highly engaged and committed to excellence in education. Working at Appleby means that you value integrity and are committed to learning and professional development. Our exceptional team is the reason we provide an outstanding educational experience to our students. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents.
Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby College team.
Teaching at Appleby, you will participate in the full teaching complement of co-curriculars, club, serving as a student advisor and supporting the boarding life programme. As a collaborative and engaging educator, you will:
- Possess a high level of understanding in the English curriculum area
- Transmit enthusiasm to students inside and outside the classroom through your passion
- Create positive learning climates that inspire joy and a love for learning
- Utilize digital resources as a venue to enhance pedagogy based on discovery and inquiry
- Contribute, design, and build innovative programs towards the shared vision of the school
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-Secondary Education at the University level with relevant specialization
- Teacher education training (B.Ed, M.Ed.) or significant teaching experience in another setting (i.e. University, College, or areas of specialized instruction)
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) is an asset
- Previous teaching experience is an asset
- Appropriate academic credentials illustrating a high level of knowledge and expertise in teaching discipline
- Technical aptitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- State-of-the-art learning environment with motivated and engaged students
- Extensive compensation package that includes the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Class sizes of 16:1 average ratio
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Outstanding professional development opportunities including tuition subsidies, faculty travel grants, cultural learning trips and mentoring
- Support for new teachers through the Faculty Development Programme
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you or someone you know wants to join the Appleby team, please connect with us by Monday, July 24, 2023. Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
We work to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices as an integral and foundational part of Appleby’s culture and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills making us better together.
DO YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION?
Appleby College is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We are here to help.
376 Victoria Ave. #200
Westmount, Quebec H3Z 1C3
M-F: 9:00 – 17:00
S-S: By Appointment
376 Victoria Avenue #200
Westmount, QC Canada, H3Z 1C3
- [email protected]
- 438.300.6190 | 866.300.9181
- WhatsApp | Telegram +1.514.970.8682