Teaching Assistants (2 Positions)
Salary Offered: to be discussed
Hours of Work: Available Monday to Friday between 8:30am-12:30pm Start: August 27th, 2018 for the academic year 2018/2019
Armbrae Academy (www.armbrae.ns.ca) is an independent, university preparatory, co- educational, non-denominational day school for Pre-school to Grade 12 located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Armbrae is accredited by, and a member of, the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools. Armbrae is seeking to staff two Teaching Assistants (Grades P to 2).
Education and Experience:
- B.Ed., E.C.E or acceptable equivalent experience with young children
- Experienced working with children in the early years age category
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the class Teacher, the Teaching Assistant will tutor and assist children individually, or in small groups, in order to help them master assignments and reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Provide support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, small group, or full class.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, playground, gymnasium, and on field trips as required from time to time.
- Observe students’ performance and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Plan, prepare and develop lesson materials and teaching resources, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Attributes and Skills:
If you are interested in learning more about the Teaching Assistant roles, or wish to submit your resume for consideration, contact Richard Brambley, Junior School Director via: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in the role, but due to the volume of candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.