Upper Canada CollegeSummer Life Staff
Summer Life Staff
Employment Terms: Full-Time, July 9 to August 26 2018 (living on-campus during contract)
Start Date: July 9 2018
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a rigorous, liberal education through the International Baccalaureate Programme and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students, faculty and staff. Our students are motivated and supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
Upper Canada College will launch its summer in-residence program for students aged 10 to 15 in July 2018. There will be 2 sessions of the 3-week program, one run in July and the second in August. UCC Summer Life is comprised of three sections: Juniors (ages 10-11), Intermediates (ages 12-13) and Seniors (ages 14-15). Campers in Junior and Intermediate divisions will choose from a variety of one-week day camps, with the option of selecting three diverse camp options to experience within the program. Senior campers will participate in UCC’s leadership-in-training program that incorporates a team-centered approach to initiative, volunteerism and mentorship.
The Summer Life program at UCC is inviting applications for Summer Life Staff for 2018. The staff member will provide support to the students in the program by supervising evening and weekend excursions, assisting in daily on-call duties and working closely with the day camp community. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in teaching and/or residence life. Summer Life Staff will support the program through supervising residence activities, mentoring, health and wellness care, attendance, supervision, progressive discipline and regular timely communication with parents/guardians.
UCC Summer Life Staff: Junior, Intermediate and Senior Divisions
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment;
- Experience with Upper Canada College Camps considered an asset;
- Relevant work experience in camps, recreation or educational environments considered an asset;
- Articulate and professional ability to communicate clearly with parents and guardians;
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, trouble-shooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure in accordance with daily challenges;
- Able to work as a member of a team and as an individual;
- Diligent work ethic and attentive manner when supervising students on evening and weekend excursions.
- Ability to live on-campus and work long hours (evenings and weekends);
- Accommodations and food included;
- Available between July 9 and August 26 2018;
- Successful candidates must attend the required training sessions from July 9, 2018–July 11, 2018;
- As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required;
- Valid Driver’s licence is required.
Key Knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education (Ontario Teacher Certification an asset);
- Experience working with students ages 10 to 15 in an educational setting;
- Standard First Aid Training and CPR-C or higher required;
- NLS certification is an asset;
- Experience working with children;
- Previous experience working with adolescents and/or living/working in a residence environment;
- Multi-lingual fluency considered an asset;
- Must be available for Staff Training Days (July 9 to 11 2018);
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the UCC Summer Life Office at [email protected] no later than Friday February 23, 2018. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. You may submit your application to the Summer Life Office by mail, fax or email.
UCC Summer Life 200 Lonsdale Rd. Toronto, ON M4V 1W6
Phone: 416-488-1125 ext. 2253 Fax: 416-484-8613 Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca
Ask us any education related question or give us a call. The first 30 minutes are free.