Lakefield College School
Information Systems Manager
Information Systems Manager
Founded in 1879, Lakefield College School is a leader among Ontario’s independent boarding and day schools and prides itself on its reputation for innovative teaching and academic excellence. LCS is a coeducational high school committed to bringing out the best in each of its members and offers a boarding school experience designed to maximize the education of the whole student – academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
A rigorous academic program prepares our high school students for university. Our spectacular campus located just 1.5 hours northeast of Toronto, allows students to enjoy a variety of sports, an enriching co-curricular program and allows our faculty to offer experiential learning opportunities across the curriculum. Lakefield College School has a proud 139-year history of educating some of Canada’s finest young men and women. Our graduates go on to successful careers in all aspects of business, politics, social services, academia and the arts. We are particularly proud to have been the alma mater for His Royal Highness The Duke of York, His Majesty King Felipe VI of Spain and four Rhodes Scholars.
Reporting to the Assistant Head: Academics, the Manager of Information Systems will be the Chief Information Officer for the school, and is responsible for the effective planning, organization and operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization. The incumbent oversees IT project coordination, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with the Senior Leadership team, department leaders, and end users. The Manager must also be the IT visionary for the school, responsible for IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support the school’s goals, objectives and mission. Responsibilities include directing all IT operations to meet student and staff requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Strategically plans and directs an IT operation that enhances and enables efficient and effective use of IT tools across the organization.
- Envisions, filters, and strategically plans how leading-edge IT innovations can support all constituents.
- Designs and implements organizational wide data structure(s) and rules for data integration.
- Leads and directs departmental staff by engaging, empowering and developing them to be the best they can be in their field.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Performs liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble-shooting.
- Provides training solutions to end users on both hardware and applicable software.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes.
- Supports and ensures viability of IT systems and services for all hours of operation.
- Constantly renewing a long-range vision for IT at LCS which evolves along with the exponential pace of change in technology
- IT Support Leader
- Network Administrator
- Windows & Wireless Network Administrator
- Laptop & Helpdesk Support Technicians (2)
- Contract staff (as engaged)
Skills & Core Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, supervisory, organizational, project management, time management, research, problem-solving/analytical and decision-making skills.
- Deeply committed to student and staff learning and be a life-long learner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and use tact and discretion in dealing with staff and students; work independently and be self-motivated; maintain confidentiality; and exercise meticulous attention to detail.
- Be a visionary in the field, always vigilant to new and novel software, hardware and IT service trends, a creative and innovative thinker, and a change agent, one who can engender a capacity for change in others.
- Outstanding knowledge of computer hardware, software, data organization, security and networking.
- Strong customer-focused attitude.
- Recent relevant experience (at least 5 years) managing and administering a leading-edge fully functioning IT department. Experience in the field of education is preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong background in the following:
- oNetworks and networking, systems security, operating systems, server architectures, web design/application principles and tools, programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws, legislation and regulations.
- Experience managing budgets for an IT department.
How to apply:
Please complete your profile and submit your resume information through the Careers Section of our website on or before March 29, 2018.
Please Note: LCS is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please visit our Accessibility page for further details or contact our Human Resources department, [email protected], for any information in an alternate format.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. LCS is an equal opportunity employer