French Teacher, Lower School
Leaders in Learning:
Academic Excellence, Character Development and Innovation are the cornerstones of the HTS difference!
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. We pride ourselves on a tradition of academic excellence and developing young people of character while being committed to innovation and leading for the future.
We create a highly energized environment in which our dedicated and talented faculty encourage our students to go beyond academics to explore their passions. We offer an engaging and collaborative working environment, impressive state of the art facilities, professional growth opportunities, as well as a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
About This Faculty Role
HTS has an exciting opportunity for a Lower School French Teacher to join our team in August 2019.
The successful candidate will work within and across divisions to develop and deliver innovative and action-oriented programming that meets the expectations of the 2013 Ontario FSL curriculum.
He or she will be an enthusiastic, assured, innovative and creative teacher who communicates with ease and confidence, and who will create an engaging, exciting, learning environment that enables students of different abilities to achieve competence in French.
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Ontario Teacher Certification with French as a Second Language (FSL) qualifications
- French language teaching experience at the lower school level
- Experience in the independent school environment and with the AIM program will also be seen as assets
- Comfort with, and enthusiasm for, the use of technology in the classroom
- The willingness and ability to collaborate with fellow teachers
We are seeking applicants with strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, applicants should possess strengths in Faculty competencies, which are:
- Curriculum Design
- Instruction and Delivery
- Assessment and Achievement
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and provide the following:
- A stimulating learning and work environment
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- An attractive and modern campus nestled in the Oak Ridges Moraine
- A culture based on the principles of collegiality, integrity and innovation
- An environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is February 22, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply here
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Career Opportunities at Holy Trinity School
Create A Free SchoolAdvice Educator ProfilePromote Your Skills as a Professional Educator.
Connect with Independent Schools.