Holy Trinity School
Academic Excellence, Character Development and Innovation are the cornerstones of the HTS difference!
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. We pride ourselves on a tradition of academic excellence, developing young people of character and a commitment to innovation.
We create a highly energized environment in which our dedicated and talented faculty encourage our students to go beyond academics to explore their passions. We offer an engaging and collaborative working environment, impressive state of the art facilities, professional growth opportunities, as well as a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
About This Staff Role
HTS has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to the Head of School (maternity leave contract) to join our team.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for all administrative support for the Head of School, and will also provide support to the Board of Governors as required. The ideal candidate would have a professional disposition and terrific problem solving skills as well as the proven ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and pay strict attention to detail. You would be proactive, resourceful and able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to deal with change and manage a busy and dynamic calendar is essential.
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with a high attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and people skills;
- Thrives on working in a fast pace environment where flexibility and adaptability is required;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to excellence in internal client service;
- Must be able to exercise independent decision-making, convey an accommodating attitude toward the other team members and foster a team environment
- Willingness to be innovative and create efficiencies in current processes and procedures;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, administration, legal, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the not for profit sector.
- Experience in an administrative function in an independent school and reporting to a Board of Governors is an asset
- Experience creating key communication pieces
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and coordinate events
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to motivate and/or lead others; conflict management
- Anticipates issues and initiates appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of the Head’s time
- Knowledge of Education Edge or equivalent database
- MS office, or Apple based or Google environment
We are seeking applicants with strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, applicants should possess strengths in Staff competencies, which are:
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Prioritization
- Continuous Learning
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including participation in the HTS Pension Plan and provide the following:
- A stimulating learning and work environment
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- An attractive and modern campus nestled in the Oak Ridges Moraine
- A culture based on the principles of collegiality, integrity and innovation
- An environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
The deadline to apply is April 13, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply.
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.