Appleby CollegeDrama Teacher
Grades 7 to 12
WHO WE ARE
Located in Oakville, Ontario; Appleby College is a non-profit, independent school for more than 760 young men and women in Grades 7 to 12. Founded in 1911, Appleby offers a university preparatory education to both boarding and day students. The curriculum offers an exceptionally diverse education that combines rigorous academics with dynamic arts, athletics and community service.
Our team is highly engaged and committed to excellence in education. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. We provide an outstanding educational experience to our students by having an exceptional team. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby team.
WHAT WE WANT – THE ROLE
Teachers at Appleby are committed, responsible, highly motivated and academically well qualified. Expectations for this position include:
- Possess a high level of understanding of curriculum and experience teaching drama in a variety of mediums
- Demonstrated experience in leading performing arts productions
- A continuing passion for continued development of personal artistic skills
- Contributes in innovative ways to the goals of the school
- Supports and collaborates with faculty
- Adapts to student learning styles
- Inspires students inside and outside the classroom
- Utilizes technology to enhance student learning
- Commits to the full co-curricular program
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-secondary education at the University level.
- Teacher education training (B.Ed., M.Ed.) or significant teaching experience in another setting (University, College, or areas of specialized instruction)
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent)
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students, Grades 7 to 12
- Enthusiasm to participate with student beyond the classroom through co-curricular, experiential learning, residential life and global education
WHAT WE HAVE
- State-of-the-art learning environment with motivated and engaged students
- Extensive compensation package that includes the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Class sizes of 16:1 average ratio
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Professional Development opportunities that enhance your career and teaching pedagogy
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our Team; please connect with us by Monday, February 26, 2018.
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.