Holy Name of Mary College SchoolDirector of Academics
Who we are
Holy Name of Mary College School is an all girls private Catholic school on a picturesque 25 acre setting in Mississauga for grades 5-12. The school is guided by the Felician Sisters and the Basilian Fathers of St. Michael’s College School.
Position: Director of Academics
School: Holy Name of Mary College School
City: Mississauga, Ontario
Posting Date: 2020-02-13
Holy Name of Mary College School
Connect with Holy Name of Mary College School
Director of Academics
Grades 5-12, Senior School Teaching
Holy Name of Mary College School is an independent, university preparatory Catholic school for girls in grades 5-12 distinguished by academic excellence and 21st Century learning. Founded by the Felician Sisters and Basilian Fathers, it is guided by a mission to educate young women to their full potential, through a values-based, positive and supportive education for the development of the whole student. The school is affiliated with St. Michael’s College School and prides itself with a learning environment that promotes student leadership with emphasis on compassion, community outreach, and social responsibility.
Reports to: Head of School
Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will offer creative and diverse programming, and will challenge the girls and teachers of HNMCS to think critically about academics, while taking risks, developing resilience, and exploring who they are as part of the whole school.
- Member of the HNMCS Senior Leadership Team
- Middle and Secondary School Curriculum Support
- Provide leadership to academic programming for students in Grades 5 – 12
- Prepare for and support Ministry compliance and ensure the school meets the requirements of regulatory bodies
- Oversee the development and implementation of school wide approaches to developing curriculum, pedagogy and learning in line with growth mindset
- Assist in the construction and implementation of the academic Strategic Plan
- Provide leadership on all academic matters and provide support to the Middle and Senior Instructional Leaders and teachers as needed; including attendance and participation in Professional Learning Community meetings
- Provide oversight of the Learning Enrichment Centre
- Work with faculty, students and parents to implement conflict resolution and progressive discipline as required
- Provide oversight to academic calendars and assessment scheduling and supervision
- Organize and implement school wide procedures and support academic student events including Open Houses, student awards celebrations, etc.
- Maintain and update the Student Handbook, internal policies and procedures and other relevant documents in keeping with CIS Ontario and relevant policy
- Oversight of school wide Professional Development
- Conduct teacher performance appraisals
- Flexibility and a collaborative spirit in working with all teachers and colleagues across disciplines and grades
- An ability to enhance learning through Information Technology and G (Google) Suite for Education
- Experience in using a Student Information System
- Awareness, appreciation and experience of applying “Growing Success”
- Embrace and implement 21st Century Skills
- A passion for teaching and a familiarity with best practices for girls
- A commitment to the co-curricular life of the school
Work and Educational Experience:
- Experience in educational leadership
- A Bachelor of Education in good standing eligible with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Masters qualifications an asset
- Experience teaching senior level courses
Holy Name of Mary College School offers a supportive and nurturing work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including OTPP contributions. If you are interested in working in a dynamic educational environment fostering excellence in girls education, please email a letter of application and resume by February 28, 2020 to the attention of the Head of School by email to [email protected] indicating Director of Academics in the subject line. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview, which will be conducted on Wednesday March 4, 2020.
Brilliant Minds … Compassionate Hearts … Inspirational Leaders
Career Opportunities at HNMCS
Update this Career Posting
School administrators, please submit updates/changes below. Update time is 1-2 hours for subscribing schools & 3-5 days for non-subscribing schools. Subscription details here.
Create A Free SchoolAdvice Educator Profile
Promote Your Skills as a Professional Educator.
Connect with Independent Schools.