Holy Trinity School
Academic Excellence, Character Development and Innovation are the cornerstones of the HTS difference!
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. We pride ourselves on a tradition of academic excellence, developing young people of character and a commitment to innovation.
We create a highly energized environment in which our dedicated and talented faculty encourage our students to go beyond academics to explore their passions. We offer an engaging and collaborative working environment, impressive state of the art facilities, professional growth opportunities, as well as a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
About This Staff Role
HTS has an exciting opportunity for a Database Coordinator (maternity leave contract) to join our team.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Innovation and Technology, the Database Coordinator identifies, manages, enhances and designs structures and processes to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of data structures at HTS. This role involves providing resources and building practices to support the academic and non-academic data portfolio of the school. A liaison between administration, admissions, community relations and development, student success and finance, this team member helps to ensure that data requirements are met and that all parties have reliable and secure access to that information.
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience working with academic databases.
- Significant experience in designing and generating database queries and reports
- Solid understanding of relational data concepts
- Strong interpersonal savvy with ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- Significant comfort and flexibility in researching, learning and exploring new products, skills and competencies
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- 1-2 years of professional experience working with a fundraising database (e.g. Raiser’s Edge)
- Knowledge of the Mac and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with SQL server and PHP MyAdmin
We are seeking applicants with strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, applicants should possess strengths in Staff competencies, which are:
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Prioritization
- Continuous Learning
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including participation in the HTS Pension Plan and provide the following:
- A stimulating learning and work environment
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- An attractive and modern campus nestled in the Oak Ridges Moraine
- A culture based on the principles of collegiality, integrity and innovation
- An environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
The deadline to apply is April 13, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply.
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.