Holy Trinity SchoolAthletic Therapist
Who we are
Leaders in Learning:
Academic Excellence, Character Development and Innovation are the cornerstones of the HTS difference!
Holy Trinity School is a co-educational day school with students from JK to Grade 12. We pride ourselves on a tradition of academic excellence and developing young people of character while being committed to innovation and leading for the future.
We create a highly energized environment in which our dedicated and talented faculty encourage our students to go beyond academics to explore their passions. We offer an engaging and collaborative working environment, impressive state of the art facilities, professional growth opportunities, as well as a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
About This Faculty Role
HTS has an exciting maternity leave LTO opportunity for an Athletic Therapist to join our team in April 2020.
Under the direct supervision of the Athletic Director and in accordance with School policy, the Athletic Therapist is responsible for the effective management of first aid emergency care, injury prevention and rehabilitation within the school and during games or tournaments outside the school. The Athletic Therapist will assist in the development of a safe athletic environment and in developing training regimes for students participating in HTS athletics and cocurricular activities at Holy Trinity School.
The range of specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide emergency first aid or health care to ill or injured students, and determines additional care is required (e.g. doctor, admission to Health Centre, hospital care)
- Assist in the development of Athletic Emergency Action Plans and protocols for on and off site Athletic injuries.
- Review and put implementation guidelines around the areas of prevalent medical conditions
- Provide support in maintaining safe equipment and environments for all participants in Athletic programs at Holy Trinity School.
- Supervise students in the fitness studio when available.
- Manage and maintain the infirmary
- Organize and distribute medical supplies and first aid kits for co-curricular and academic trips
- Plan, implement and promote injury prevention protocols for each sport in the Athletic Program at Holy Trinity School.
- Be responsible for providing emergency care coverage for all tournaments and games hosted by Holy Trinity School.
- Provide athletic care services to athletes
- Assists with the teaching and supervision of curricular and co-curricular programs where deemed appropriate (Lower school Intramurals)
- Identify health and safety issues in the school, and contribute to their resolution as a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, to ensure coordination and integration and of efforts
- Concussion Protocol review and implementation, liaison with Student Success/teachers/coaches/parents to inform the individual students return to school plan, Baseline Testing implementation, Sports teams information sessions
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Undergraduate Degree in Kinesiology and Health Science.
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid
- Certified Athletic Therapist: In good standings with the CATA and OATA.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. the Health Discipline Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, FIPPA)
- Excellent communication skills with a high attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills;
- Thrives on working in a fast pace environment where flexibility and adaptability is required;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to excellence in internal client service;
- Highly developed problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to exercise quick independent decision-making;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of an Apple based and / or Google environment an asset
We are seeking applicants with strengths in our core competencies which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement, and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, applicants should possess strengths in Faculty competencies, which are:
Planning & Prioritization
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and provide the following:
A stimulating learning and work environment
Extensive professional development opportunities
An attractive and modern campus nestled in the Oak Ridges Moraine
A culture based on the principles of collegiality, integrity and innovation
An environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is March 6, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
If you are interested in joining us at our attractive Richmond Hill campus we encourage you to apply here.:
HTS is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Career Opportunities at Holy Trinity School
Update this Career Posting
School administrators, please submit updates/changes below. Update time is 1-2 hours for subscribing schools & 3-5 days for non-subscribing schools. Subscription details here.
Create A Free SchoolAdvice Educator Profile
Promote Your Skills as a Professional Educator.
Connect with Independent Schools.