Armbrae AcademyPreschool Teacher & Substitute Teachers
Who we are
We’re known for our strong academic program, but we believe education should go beyond that. With offerings in the arts, athletics, debating, community service, and global opportunities, we offer students an enriched, balanced, and well-rounded experience.
Pre School / Pre-Primary Teachers
Who Are We?
The Armbrae Academy education experience encompasses not only the pursuit of academic excellence but also the formation of character and values. Our Be Kind, Work Hard philosophy underpins everything we do as we strive to develop and nurture balanced and principled students.
Armbrae Academy was founded in 1887 and is a co-educational PreK to grade 12 University preparatory school with 265 students. Armbrae offers a structured but informal atmosphere that provides students an opportunity to form close relationships with peers and teachers. Armbrae is a member in good standing of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS) and is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Early Childhood Development for Nova Scotia to grant the Nova Scotia high school leaving certificate.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced, skilled and innovative Preschool/Pre-Primary teacher and several substitute teachers who can inspire our students. You are actively engaged in planning, implementing and assessing student learning and you have a demonstrated ability to differentiate instructional practices for a diverse community of learners. Your passion for teaching includes a commitment to the co-curricular life of the school.
- Instruct in all areas of the curriculum;
- Develop and deliver interactive lessons designed to engage and educate young children;
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories and teaching songs;
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity;
- Ability to adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of the students;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and work as part of a team;
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents in a professional manner;
- Maintain patience and compassion suitable for working with young children.
- Level 1, 2 or 3 Early Childhood Education Diploma
- First Aid Certificate and CPR “C”
- Child Abuse Register Certificate
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices in the areas of planning, implementation and assessment practices.
- A toolbox of teaching strategies for facilitating student success including those with different learning needs.
- Collaborative and energetic with a passion for teaching.
- A commitment to continued professional development and growth.
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Energy, commitment and a readiness to participate in the co-curricular program and the diverse life of the school community.
- Experience working in an independent school would be an asset.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to ‘Apply to Education’ online or online through Armbrae’s online application process at armbrae.ns.ca/careers. Please include with your cover letter and resume: teaching qualifications/licenses, diplomas/certificates, practicum reports, teaching evaluations, reference letters and transcripts.
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2020
Armbrae Academy offers a positive and inclusive workplace community that celebrates creativity and collaboration and is committed to ongoing professional development. Our salaries are competitive within the HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality) and include a defined contribution benefits plan, access to our RRSP matching programme, if applicable, and professional growth opportunities. As a condition of employment a satisfactory Vulnerable Police Clearance must be provided.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Armbrae Academy is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please let us know the nature of any accommodation that you may require.
Career Opportunities at Armbrae Academy
Update this Career Posting
School administrators, please submit updates/changes below. Update time is 1-2 hours for subscribing schools & 3-5 days for non-subscribing schools. Subscription details here.